Frequently Asked Questions
What should you expect during laser tag? Great question. At BattleGR Tactical Games in Grand Rapids, MI, we always take time to go over all game and safety rules, as well as how the equipment works. The most frequently asked questions we receive, and the answers, are below. If you still have questions, contact us at (616) 345-0698.
Indoor Laser Tag FAQs
What Is Arena Laser Tag?
Arena Laser Tag is a fun, mission based laser tag experience that you play at our indoor arena in Grand Rapids. We have seven different objective based games or missions, so can play for almost two hours without playing the same game twice. Our arena has a party area and snacks available for purchase. We also have a few arcade games in the lobby to play while you wait to play your laser tag game.
Who Can Play?
Players are recommended to be age six or older (bring your parents to hang out in our lobby area or parents can get in on the game too). We aren’t only for kids, as many of our players are adults.
What Clothing Should I Wear?
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing that allows free movement for high levels of activity. Shoes are required. During spring and summer, we recommend wearing a t-shirt and shorts. In the winter, we recommend wearing layers as you will get warm playing. If you are wearing boots, bring shoes to change into.
What Are You Hours?
- M – THURS: Private arena rentals and birthday party discounts
- FRI: 4PM – 10PM
- SAT: 12PM – 11PM
- SUN: By reservation for parties and events
Summer Hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day):
- M – TUES: By appt. only
- WED – THURS: 12PM – 9PM
- FRI-SAT: 12PM – 11PM
- SUN: 1PM – 6PM
How Does The Tagger Work?
The tagger is designed to look and feel like a real battle. We use army replica taggers with red dot scopes that can be used to hit an opponent’s headband or tagger censor. When hit, the tagger will say “man down, man down.” We do not have “stinky” vests to wear, as the censor is on the tagger itself. We also give you a briefing on how the tagger works before you play.
How Do I Book My Party Or Group Event?
Book online now to make a reservation for your play, party, or event. You can also call (616) 345-0698. We require a $100 non-refundable deposit to save your party date. We take most major credit cards and PayPal. If you are just coming in to play a few games, the deposit is $5 per player.
Are The Taggers Safe?
The taggers use an infrared light that is the same as a remote control. Safety is very important to us.
Can People With Special Needs Play?
While we cannot always accommodate all types of disabilities during regular game play, we offer barrier free play and other private play events for kids of all ages. For more information, contact us at (616) 345-0698.
Mobile Laser Tag FAQs
What Is Mobile Laser Tag?
Mobile laser tag is a fun, mission based laser tag experience that comes to you. We bring the barriers, taggers, and game facilitators. Our taggers are army replica taggers with red/green dot scopes. We can set up indoors or outdoors, and during the day or night. We can make just about any location work.
Who Can Play?
We recommend players to be six or older.
What Clothing Should I Wear?
Something that allows you to run comfortably. Shoes are required.
Where Can We Setup Laser Tag?
We can setup laser tag in a backyard, park, gym, large social hall, office building, or nearly any other location you can think of. We can play during the day or night. If you have any questions about your location, contact us at (616) 345-0698. We would love to help you setup an awesome event!
What About The Weather?
We can play in just about any weather. Light rain or snow is fine. No thunderstorms. If the weather on your event date prevents play, you have 90 days to reschedule your party.
How Do The Taggers Work?
The tagger is designed to look and feel like a real battle. We use army replica taggers with red dot scopes that can be used to hit an opponent’s headband or tagger censor. When hit, the tagger will say “man down, man down.”
Is It Safe?
The tagger uses an infrared light that is the same as a remote control.
How Do I Book?
Archery Tag® FAQs
What Is Archery Tag®?
- A safe, family-oriented sport that satisfies the competitive spirit as well as the thrill seeker.
- Requires no athletic ability or prior skill.
- People find that our foam tipped arrows are non-intimidating.
- New and exciting!!!
- Offers an interactive experience that is more physical than other activities.
- No bruising or welts.
Where Can We Play?
Archery Tag can be played anywhere from office buildings and gymnasiums to parks and backyards. The arrows are designed not to leave marks on walls or other surfaces.
How Safe Is It?
Archery Tag gear is designed specifically for Archery Tag game. The equipment is patented and was made from the ground up specifically for Archery Tag. The arrows don’t hurt or pose any physical danger. These are safe arrows with foam tips. We do have every player wear a paintball mask to protect their eyes and face. Only official licensees like BattleGR are able to use Official Archery Tag equipment.
What Happens If It Rains?
Our game can be played in the rain. It can’t be played in thunderstorms. We need 48 hours notice if you decide to postpone the event and you have 6 months to reschedule.
How Much Space Do I Need?
We can set up in a small back yard or something the size of a small tennis court. Our field is set up just like a dodge-ball court. Each team will have a side on the field and there is a safe zone section in between. If you have some tress in the way that is fine and won’t hurt anything. If you have any questions on your space please give us a call at (616) 345-0698. We are hear to help you have an amazing event.
What Ages Can Play?
We recommend 9 years old and older. The bows have a 20 lb draw weight.
Video Game Truck FAQs
How Do I Do This? How Do I Look Into Booking A Party?
- Use the Book Now Button to book your event and see open dates. You can also call us at 616.345.0698 or email us at [email protected] with any questions.
How Do I Know The Trailer Can Come To My House?
- Our drivers are excellent and can go nearly anywhere. As long as your driveway or street isn’t a very sharp hill, we can come. Otherwise, you can divert us to a nearby park, church or parking lot!
Will The Kids Know What To Do?
- That’s why we bring our Game Coach! He/She helps the kids along, inspires and instructs. We make sure it’s the party of the year!
Should I Be Concerned About The Types Of Games For Kids?
- If you have such concerns, inform the Game Coach upon arrival and he/she will make sure that the gaming is appropriate. Otherwise, he/she will follow the lead of the guest(s) of honor and make sure they are having the time of their lives! You’ll find our game inventory and information on ratings and content.
What About Bad Weather?
- We come rain, shine, temps below freezing or over 100 degrees — we are climate controlled! As long as it is safe for us to drive.
What Time Should I Book The Party?
- We suggest that you tell your guests that the party is one hour or half-hour before our arrival time — that way they eat first & they all see the grand arrival of our mobile video game theater!
What If Too Many People Show Up? Is There An Extra Charge?
- Certainly not! Bring them on! We’ll keep them all having fun!
Do I Request Certain Games?
- We always bring the full game library to every event and your Game Coach will listen to and make suggestions to make your event successful.
- We do request that if you want “M” rated games you send us an e-mail or list them in the comments section when booking. You can see our games at www.battlegr.com/video-game-inventory-kalamazoo-grand-rapids-holland
Do I Tip The Game Coach?
- The Game Coach is there to make sure that your group is making the most of our high-tech fun. He/she tutors, inspires and entertains.
- Tipping for service is a great idea, but not required.
Do I Pay For The Party In Advance?
- Our reservations go quickly. In order to hold your booking, you must pay $100 deposit the rest is due at the event.
- Otherwise, your date and time is still open for booking by others.
- Please call to discuss if your organization or situation is an exception and we can talk about it.
What Time Will You Arrive?
- The Game Coach arrives in plenty of time to be setup and start your party at the designated start time. Normally between 10-20 minutes ahead of time.
Where Can I View Your Official Policies?
How Can My Organization Raise Funds Through BattleGR’s Video Game Theater?
- If a school, church or non-profit hands out our flyer and a party is booked as a result, the organization receives $20 cash back for fundraising.
- We will print the half-page, full color flyers and drop them off; all you have do is distribute them!
- No cost, no risk, no selling cookie dough!
- You can even do an e-mail blast! We can also raise funds by being part of a “kids zone” at a large event and either charging tickets to play in the Mobile Game Theater or accepting a wristband or tickets for timed play.
- Depending on the arrangement, either a percentage goes back to the organization or 100% goes back, if the Mobile Game Theater has been hired in advance.
Where Can I View Your Official Policies?
- You can view them here or by clicking on the “Book Now” Tab on the navigation menu.